TAKE ADVANTAGE OF RULES-BASED MACHINING WITH MINIMAL EFFORT
SOLIDWORKS CAM is a 2.5-axis milling and turning solution powered by CAMWorks. It offers 3+2 machining as well as full support for configurations, parts, and assembly machining workflows.
The foundation of SOLIDWORKS CAM is rules-based machining, where you can teach the system what standard machining strategies are important to them. These rules can then be automatically applied based on material type and geometry of the feature.
SOLIDWORKS CAM combines design and manufacturing in one application with an easy-to-use interface. The result is an intuitive rules-based system that can be leveraged to save time and money while capturing company standards. Assigning machining strategies based on design tolerances, reduces errors and improve quality throughout the machining process.
WHY CHOOSE SOLIDWORKS CAM?
- Allows users to focus on the critical areas of making a part rather than touching every feature that needs to be machined
- Enables to enhance manufacturing process by capturing company standards, speed up quoting, and test manufacturability of a design earlier in the process
- Reduces errors and improves quality throughout the machining process
BENEFITS OF SOLIDWORKS CAM
- Simplifies collaboration—single design and programming environment allows easier transition to CAM
- Utilizes concurrent development process allowing companies to perform tasks sooner and find problems earlier, making changes less costly
- Feature Recognition gives you to full control to define machinable features within the CAD/CAM environment